Monday, January 03, 2011

Art Show 2011- Exploring the Coral Reef

I spent the past few days of my post holiday R&R thinking about the Spring Art Show. Once we get past the New Year times seems to speed up. Because I have over 60 students this year I have decided to have the Art Show in the Carroll Arts Council/Community Theatre Black Box. All sorts of bare walls just waiting to become a temporary art gallery and I really wanted something that would have that "WOW!" factor.

....after watching "Finding Nemo" for the "eleventeenth" time with my granddaughter Norah - I had a eureka moment! Why Not Create A Coral Reef? Brilliant!

With a little help from my associate, James, we are going to build a black light room in the CAC/CCT's little theater. This has me very excited. I get to combine my love of theatre with art. All of my students will contribute to the Coral Reef. I have one group slated to create some amazing branch coral in fluorescent colors, another group will concentrate on sea urchins while my high school students are down for tropical fish...I have yet to figure out the jelly fish and definitely have a handle on the sea turtles....totally...duude

Actually- at the rate the ideas are flowing right now I thibnk I have more projects than I do students to create them. But, that's OK, because it's better to have too many than not enough and some of them might turn out to be duds.

No comments: