Monday, November 29, 2010

great idea but....I DISLIKE cutting glass

A couple of years ago those glass balls with the long tube for watering your plants were all the rage. I thought they were pretty cool too and bought some to put in a vase like a bunch of flowers. The colors are so pretty with the sun shining on them. I have noticed that a lot of these babies are showing up in my favorite thrift store. I have this bright idea of what to do with them but can't seem to get my bottle cutter to work for it. I want to cut off the tube and put a piece of felt over the opening so the ball can sit on a table....or in a bowl.

The Dremel tool is not the answer ( yes I wore safety goggles) so....anyone have an idea on a safe and easy way to cut these off or would be willing to cut them off for me I would love to hear from you. I really do not like cutting glass. I will do it on a flat pane of glass - if I have to- but I will go out of my way to avoid it.

No comments: