Friday, October 12, 2012

Blessings banner

What can you do with some leftover scrapbook papers, stickers and some beeswax?

This fall banner-
fall banner

How did I do that?
I traced a Gothic arch onto my scrapbook papers
Cut them out
cut out two sets of letters- the black letters slightly larger than the yellow ones
rubbed brown colored pencil on the edges of the yellow letters
glued the layers down
added some fall leaf stickers and some orange and yellow glitter flower stickers
dipped into melted beeswax to give it all a softer old look
punched small holes into each corner and threaded it with hemp
lastly I used a lark's head knot to put some fall colored raffia between each letter

fall banner

I have been experimenting with paints and papers-the yellow letters is a pieces of paper that I hand painted before I cut the letters out because I wanted paper with some texture and color variations.



No comments: